QueenZany 3 Star Review Saint A. Zavarelli

QueenZany 3 Star Review


Saint


A. Zavarelli



It pains me to have to write this review. But I feel I must!
First off I was a hardcore Crow and Reaper fan! To the point I read and listened to the audiobooks several times. Then Ghost the 3rd book in the series came out in August. At that point the series seemed to take a turn. I mean a complete 180 turn in a different direction.  A dark, twisted, gritty, depressing and with violent rapes scenes. Let's put it this way. I literally don't want to bash that book! Which would happened if I did.
That’s how far the the path had changed. At least in my eyes.


So I decided I was going to give Saint a try! Thinking it couldn’t be as dark as Ghost. I would say in some case. Yet, has more graphics descriptions of rape. Plus add in the cringe factor and I’m done for! Not for me! OMFG!! WHY???
But Scarlett is one raving lunatic and so revenge filled. But come on now, there's no need for that much anger in a character. I understand her past! It got to a point that I just hated her! Like not even feeling remorse for her. Let's say she was like like. Snow white's Evil Stepmother  the witch with no heart.  But I could say the same thing about Thalia in Ghost too. Sorry she was depressing as fuck. Now as a woman I cannot comprehend the need for such Psychotic and a degrading characters. Sorry it's not a turn on for me.


Which I may add were described very different in previous books. So it threw me off.  Then there is the so called Saint Rory! Well he’s not nearly the alpha Mobster I heard of. But he’s not like the other male leads in the other books too. He was still being a man whore. Even though he wanted Scarlett. I can give one Scarlett praise for being celibate after her encounter with Rory. Some may say it’s not cheating. But I would consider it very close to that myself. There is no Grey line in my eyes there.


Saint is a far from a romance novel! I’d say the same thing about  Ghost too. Where is that love that Crow and Reaper had? That magic spark that carried the characters and you want to cheer for them?. To go to rage, grit and down right no connections to the leads. It’s almost as if the the old formula for the first two books were thrown out of the window. I have to ask myself why change a good thing? Is it new betas or what is it? Because there are some major changes.  A change that was drastic after those two brilliantly written books. It just baffles my mind?
I'm sorry, I don’t understand the need for the shock value.  


But I kept reading since there was hints of the old A. Zavarelli in Saint. Which were far and in between. She’s such a talented writer. I just wish that old writing style was back.


received a copy of this book from the Author/Publisher" is sufficient for your disclaimer.


Fill in the form below and I'll contact you within 24 hours

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered By Blogger

@Audio_Loves

Designed by FlexyCreatives