OMG!!!!! Sorry I just needed to share!!! Just brilliant! First Debt is THE KISS.
Pepper posted it. Drool!

Pepper Winters

STOP THE PRESS
I just listened to Chapter 18 of First Debt. Seeing as I don't number my chapters, you won't know what that means....however, my favourite scene in First Debt is THE KISS.
You know what I mean? The kiss....I'll copy here for you so you can remember....ANYWHO, I just listened to that as Will and Kylie brought Jethro and Nila to life and it's SOOOOOOOOOO good.
Excuse me while I go for a cold shower.
** THE KISS SCENE**
We didn’t speak, only breathed. The truth crackled around us. We knew how dangerous this fight was, how frayed our self-control had become.
We’d been dancing this tango for weeks, and the electricity between us was a lightning storm threatening to incinerate everything in its path.
“Stop. Stop playing me. What did you hope to achieve? That I’d kiss you? Fuck you? Come to care for you? That I’d fall in love with you.” Jethro dropped his voice to a whisper. “That I wouldn’t kill you?” He shook his head. “You’re still as clueless as the day I stole you.”
You don’t believe that.
“Prove it.”
His nostrils flared. “I will not.”
Cocking my chin, I anchored myself in as much courage as possible. “Prove it, Jethro. Prove how cold you are by giving me something I desperately need.”
I need to see there is hope. Just a small shred of hope.
“What makes you think I can be manipulated? I don’t care about your needs or desires.”
“Liar,” I whispered. “You do care. Otherwise, you wouldn't still be here. You wouldn’t be fighting this.” I rested my hands on his chest, digging my fingernails into his t-shirt. “You would’ve struck me and left if you were anything like you portray.”
I stood on my tiptoes, reaching for his mouth. “I told you, you’re a hypocrite.”
He paused, calculation dark in his eyes. “One kiss?”
I nodded. “One kiss.”
Jethro's control broke. “Just one fucking kiss? Don’t you know what you’re asking from me? I don’t want to fucking kiss you!”
My heart broke. Was I so repulsive he didn’t want his lips anywhere on mine?
I withered in his gaze, falling back to my position of Weaver Whore. But then, I stopped. This was the only time I might get him this undone, this close to snapping. It might be my only hope.
Glaring, I snarled, “Kiss me. Give me one fracture of human company, and I’ll never say another word to you again. I’ll be whatever you want. Just kiss me!”
His eyes narrowed. “You’re an idiot.”
“So you keep telling me.”
“You’re wasting your time.”
“So you keep telling me.”
“I don’t want to kiss you!”
I lashed out. My arms came up. I opened my palm. And I slapped the self-righteous, egotistical arsehole on the cheek.
The moment went from lust-heavy to stagnant with violence. We stared, caught dead centre in war.
“You’re a fucking nightmare,” he snapped.
“Kiss me.”
“You’re ruining my life.”
“Kiss me.”
“You’re—”
“Kiss me, Jethro. Kiss me. Just fucking kiss me and give me—”
His body crashed against mine. His hands flew up, grabbing my cheeks and holding me firm. His lips, oh his lips, they bruised mine as his head tilted, and with pure anger, he gave me what I’d wanted for weeks.
He kissed me.

Fill in the form below and I'll contact you within 24 hours

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered By Blogger

@Audio_Loves

Designed by FlexyCreatives